We will utilize Scripture and the Church Creeds to guide students through the story of God and what it means to be a disciple of Jesus and a member of His church. Each student will come to understand the scope of the narrative of Scripture, write a personal Story of Faith, and answer the 40 Questions of Faith from their Catechism journal. The class will be led by The Rev. Chad Erb and the Student Ministries staff: Lindsey McDonald, Reed Brentlinger, Angie Williamson, and Matt Davis. Upon successful completion of the class, your student will become a full member of Grace Presbyterian Church.
- Confirmation will meet on Sundays starting January 7 through May 6. We will meet in Massey-Tucker 207 from 5-6:30 p.m. Dinner will be served at each meeting!
- There will be a retreat on April 27-29. This retreat is open to all 6th-8th grade students, but is a requirement for all Confirmation students.
- Confirmation Sunday will be held on Sunday, May 13. Students will be recognized at the contemporary and traditional services.
- Students will graduate to High School Ministries on Sunday, May 20.
- They’ll even be part of the High School Mission Trip which will take place the week of June 23.
- Cost – $50 (covers meals and the cost of materials. Scholarships are available.)
- Students will receive a content journal and bible at the first meeting on January 7
Please contact Monica Cvejanovich in the Family Ministries department with any questions:
Recent Posts / Category - Enter A Category
Sunday, June 10, 6:00-8:00 pm, Massey Tucker Hall 103 Want to get connected? Find a CORE Community? Learn about our beliefs and ministry? Join the church family? Where do you begin? At the start. During the Starting Point Class, we’ll…
You are invited to explore a different framework for thinking about poverty and its alleviation. Rather than simply defining it as a lack of material things, we will consider the roots of the issues: broken relationships with God, self, others,…
Monday, June 4, 9:45 a.m.-4:45 p.m. See Galveston Harbor aboard the Seagull I, Texas Seaport Museum’s vessel. Join us for a docent-led Galveston Historic Tour of Broadway Beauties, Downtown, the Strand, the Harbor and the East End Historic District. Cost…