We will utilize Scripture and the Church Creeds to guide students through the story of God and what it means to be a disciple of Jesus and a member of His church. Each student will come to understand the scope of the narrative of Scripture, write a personal Story of Faith, and answer the 40 Questions of Faith from their Catechism journal. The class will be led by The Rev. Chad Erb and the Student Ministries staff: Lindsey McDonald, Reed Brentlinger, Angie Williamson, and Matt Davis. Upon successful completion of the class, your student will become a full member of Grace Presbyterian Church.
- Confirmation will meet on Sundays starting January 7 through May 6. We will meet in Massey-Tucker 207 from 5-6:30 p.m. Dinner will be served at each meeting!
- There will be a retreat on April 27-29. This retreat is open to all 6th-8th grade students, but is a requirement for all Confirmation students.
- Confirmation Sunday will be held on Sunday, May 13. Students will be recognized at the contemporary and traditional services.
- Students will graduate to High School Ministries on Sunday, May 20.
- They’ll even be part of the High School Mission Trip which will take place the week of June 23.
- Cost – $50 (covers meals and the cost of materials. Scholarships are available.)
- Students will receive a content journal and bible at the first meeting on January 7
Please contact Monica Cvejanovich in the Family Ministries department with any questions:
Recent Posts / Category - Enter A Category
CHRISTMAS 4 THE CITY Sunday, December 17, 11:30 a.m. check-in and lunch; 1 p.m. work projects begin Join us for the 2nd annual Grace 4 the City project. This year, we will be in partnership with Houston Habitat for Humanity and Rise Against Hunger. We will…
For the past two years Grace has partnered with Operation Turkey to provide Thanksgiving meals to the under served in Houston. This year, we have two days of opportunities to be a blessing across the city: 1) Turkey Tailgate, November…
Every Advent the Grace Sanctuary is filled with poinsettias given in honor or in memory of someone. Now through December 10 you may purchase a poinsettia by completing the form by clicking the link below. Dedications that do not accompany the…