Thank you for considering Grace Presbyterian Church for your wedding venue. Pictured above is our historical Founders’ Chapel where most of our weddings occur. While our Sanctuary is beautiful as well, the Chapel is lit by 200-year-old stained glass windows that provide wonderful light and warmth for an intimate ceremony with 10-300 guests.
Dear Bride and Groom,
Congratulations to you! We welcome you to celebrate in Christian Marriage at Grace Presbyterian Church. The staff at Grace will do our best to help you as you make special memories to last a lifetime. Our Wedding Guidelines will help in planning for your important day. Please take the time to read through all of them and share this information with your family and your vendors.
“But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For the reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Mark 10: 6-9
Sandra Babcock is responsible for scheduling the dates and times for your wedding and rehearsal. She also schedules the pastors and coordinators who will perform the wedding. She can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or 713-267-5091. If you would like more information on attending Grace and becoming part of our congregational family either Sandra Babcock or a pastor can help you with that as well.
• Chapel: $1,500
• Sanctuary: $2,500
The Founder’s Chapel can hold 300 people and the Sanctuary can hold 1,500 people. These fees include: pastor, wedding coordinator, organist, vocal or instrumental soloist, (2) seven-tiered candelabras, and custodial service. Please note that for some instruments there may be an additional fee.
There is a facility usage fee of $250.00 for walk-in weddings and wedding vow renewals. This is for ceremonies that have no coordinator, attendants, music etc. A pastor’s honorarium is discretionary.
Do I have to be a member of Grace?
No, our doors are open to any couple who is interested in starting their marriage on a Christian
What do wedding coordinators do?
Ensure that all aspects of your wedding are orchestrated properly and answer all questions or concerns relating to the ceremony/worship service, conduct the wedding rehearsal (pastors do not attend rehearsals), oversee wedding day details at the church including candles, flowers, photographs and videos. The coordinator will also be at the church 1 1/2 hours prior to the ceremony and 45 minutes after your ceremony ends.
Does Grace require pre-marital counseling?
Yes, a marriage program called Together Forever is offered twice annually. It is an insightful program and is mandatory for couples who are marrying at Grace, but open to anyone. By attending Together Forever you will receive a certificate that will allow you to have your $72.00 Wedding License Fee waived. Additionally, you will meet with the pastor who is officiating your ceremony 1-3 times.
Will Grace schedule weddings on holidays?
Weddings are scheduled at Grace Presbyterian Church throughout the year with these exceptions: Thanksgiving weekend, Easter weekend, Christmas/New Year, Labor Day weekend
ORDER OF SERVICE (suggested) for the Celebration of Marriage:
• Declaration of Intent
• Affirmation of the families
• Scripture Readings
• Exchange of Rings
• Prayer (Lord’s Prayer)/Song
• Unity Candle (optional)
• Announcement of Marriage
Listen to Wedding Music
- A Wedding Prayer – Williams
- Air from Water Music – Handel
- Air on the G String – Bach
- Allegro Maestoso from Water Music – Handel
- Arioso in A – Bach
- As We Wait – Hartely-Sadler-DePasquale
- Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin – Wagner
- Canon in D – Pachelbel
- Father of Life and Love – Schubert
- Flesh of My Flesh – Patillo
- Go There With You – Chapman
- God of Grace – Manz
- Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah – Handel
- I Will Be Here – Chapman
- Ill Walk With God – Webster
- If You Could See What I See – Chapman
- In This Very Room – Harris
- Jesu Joy of Mans Desiring – Bach
- Jesu Joy of Mans Desiring (vocal) – Bach
- Largo from Xerxes – Handel
- Love Never Fails – Bach-Sky-Jordan
- Maestoso from Sonata 3 – Mendelssohn
- Now Thank We All Our God – Karg-Elert
- O Lord Most Holy – Franck
- O Perfect Love – Barnby
- Ocean of Mercy – Field-Hartley-Close
- Psalm 19 The Heavens Declare – Marcello
- Rigaudon – Campra
- Rondeau – Mouret
- Savior Like a Shepherd Lead Us – Bradbury
- Sleepers Awake – Bach
- Te Deum – Charpentier
- The Gift of Love – American Folk Melody
- The Lords Prayer – Malotte
- The Prayer – Sager-Foster
- This Is the Day – Brown
- Toccata from Organ Symphony 5 – Widor
- Trumpet Tune – Johnson
- Trumpet Tune – Purcell
- Trumpet Voluntary – Clarke
- Trumpet Voluntary – Stanley
- Wedding March from A Midsummer Nights Dream – Mendelssohn