Congregational Meeting and Vote
Sunday, June 1, 2014 @ 10:30 a.m.
Sunday, June 1 Schedule and Child Care Information
7:45 a.m. – Child care for birth through Kindergarten will be in their regular Richmond Building & Learning Center classrooms
8:00 – 10:15 a.m. – Registration for Grace members in the Library
- Please bring your picture ID for name verification.
- You must register prior to the meeting to receive a ballot to vote. It is advised that you register to vote before worship begins at 9:00 a.m.
- You must be present to vote. If you need to leave prior to the vote, please return your unmarked ballot to an usher in the Narthex. There can be no early or absentee voting.
8:00 – 9:00 a.m. – Church-wide Breakfast in Massey-Tucker Hall hosted by Dads of Grace
9:00 a.m. – One worship service in the Sanctuary
9:50 a.m. – Child care for 1st through 7th grade will begin following Worship and will be located in the Backyard. Kindergarten will join them at this time.
Children K through 5th grade MUST be checked-in by a parent at the tables outside The Backyard. To maximize safety and security, children must be picked up and signed out by a parent. There will be no self-check-in or self-release this day except for 6th and 7th graders.
Child care will end when voting ends. Please pick up all children promptly.
Lunch will be served to children at 12:00. We will be providing a pizza lunch at no charge, or you may send a lunch with your child.
10:30 a.m. – Congregational Meeting / Vote
- It is anticipated that the vote will end at approximately 12:30 p.m.
- Voting for members will be only on the lower level of the Sanctuary. Guests please sit in the balcony.
- The beginning of the meeting will require the congregation to vote on the Special Rules of Order, followed by the motion, discussion and vote.
- To vote you will separate your ballot from the voter’s card, mark the ballot with an “X”, be directed by ushers to a ballot box, and place your ballot in the box. Please keep your portion of your voter’s card with your name on it.
- A vote “FOR” the motion is to join ECO. A vote “AGAINST” the motion is to remain with PC(USA).
- You must vote your own ballot, you may not vote for someone who is not in attendance. If for any reason you need to leave the campus prior to the vote, please return your unmarked voter’s card/ballot to an usher in the Narthex.
- Results of the vote will be announced Sunday afternoon in the Sanctuary, emailed to members, and posted on the Grace website (www.gpch.org).
- A quorum of 30% of our membership and a two-thirds affirmative vote is required for the motion to join ECO to pass.
The Special Rules of Order for the Congregational Meeting / Vote may be viewed here:
Special Rules of Order.pdf (click here)
Please remember that our 40 Days of Prayer is on the website along with the Voting Procedures and Special Rules of Order for the congregational meeting.
Who is eligible to vote?
Anyone who is on the church membership rolls as of April 23, 2014. This includes students who were recently confirmed.
Questions? Email the Discernment Serve Team at email@example.com.