MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR CHRISTMAS FOR THE CITY-DECEMBER 13, 2020
Each year in December our congregation comes together for a one-day service project to support a Houston-based mission partner. Grace’s Christmas for the City we can live out our faith by giving our time, resources and love to serve others.
This year we are excited continue our partnership with Kid’s Meals, a Houston based organization that makes and delivers free, healthy lunches directly to the homes of preschool age children who don’t have access to school-based free meal programs. Read more about Kid’s Meals here. Our goal is to pack 10,000 bagged lunches for Kid’s Meals!
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Purchase and decorate brown lunch bags and drop them at the Grace Welcome Center
- Donate food items from our Amazon Wish List by Tuesday, December 1.
- Register to volunteer for packing bags on December 13. Registration opens Sunday, November 1.When: Sunday, December 13 at 12:30pm
Where: The blacktop parking lot between the Grace School Gym and the athletic fields (if it rains we will be in the gym)
Who: anyone over 5 years old (registration required for all, see registration button below)
Childcare: Available for children under the age 4 by registration only
COVID info: masks are required and we will set up to facilitate social distancing as best we can
Attire: comfortable and weather appropriate – we will be working outside unless it rains and you will be walking around so wear comfortable shoes
Parking: any Grace lot except the black top
Grace Schedule for Dec. 13:
- 9:30-10:30 – Worship
- 10:50 – 11:50 – Equipping hour
- 12:00 – 12:30 – lunch – pickup boxed lunch (ordered at registration for $10 each) and eat in Massey Tucker or courtyard
- 12:30 – gather on blacktop to start project