CHRISTMAS FOR THE CITY 2019
Sunday, December 15
We are excited for the entire church to come together for our 4th annual Christmas for the City. This year will feature the return of the wall build with Habitat for Humanity, continue our relationship with Kids’ Meals, Inc. to pack lunches and wrap gifts, and to support our partnership with West Houston Assistance Ministry, we will collect blankets, jackets, and socks.
- 10:00 a.m. Worship: One combined worship service
- 11:15 a.m. Check-in and purchase your lunch
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch catered by Demeris BBQ
- 12:45 p.m. Welcome and Prayer in the Courtyard
- 1:00 p.m. Work projects begin
- 4:30 p.m. Wrap-up and clean-up
We will worship wearing our Christmas for the City shirts and work attire so that following worship and lunch we will be ready! Christmas for the City T-shirts will be available for purchase Sunday mornings, December 1 through December 15. T-shirts are $10. Children participating in the Grace Kids Music program will be provided a T-shirt through GKM.
This year we will build walls for 5 Habitat homes for Houston families and package 7,000 individual lunches for preschool children in our city.
- Children ages 4-11 will have the opportunity to package lunches for Kids’ Meals, wrap and label toys, work on crafts and write prayers on the Habitat home build boards
- Adults and students ages 12 and older can serve on the wall build or be crew leaders for packaging lunches, wrap and label toys and crafts
- Adults may serve on a hospitality team to provide refreshments to all of our volunteers
- Crew Leaders (ages 12 and up) are needed to help lead children’s activities
- Child care will be available for ages 3 and under. Please select this option during the online registration process
Your generous contributions will help us reach our financial goal of $48,500 to make these projects a reality for families in our city. You may give online or with a check made payable to Grace (it is important to note “Christmas for the City” on the memo line). You can also contribute on Sunday mornings in the courtyard.
Here are some suggested ways to give:
- Walls for five houses: Single boards for $25, a room for $1500, or an entire house for $7500
- 7,000 lunches: 20 lunches for $30, 200 lunches for $300 or 500 lunches for $750
- A financial contribution of your choice