Wednesday, November 3, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Join us for a fun day to Huntsville, Texas!
- Our tour guide, Richard Cook, is a General Sam Houston enthusiast. We will see the Woodland House where General Sam and his wife Margaret lived with their children as well as Senator Houston’s office where he conducted business while home from Washington.
- We will visit the Steamboat House. This unique house is where the Houston’s were living when General Houston died.
- There will be stops at the Sam Houston Museum, the grave of General Houston, and at the giant Sam Houston Statue to complete our General Sam part of the day.
- We will also visit the Texas Prison Museum getting a glimpse at Clyde Barrow’s 45 pistol (Bonnie & Clyde) and “Old Sparky,” the electric chair.
- There will be a delicious lunch stop (dutch treat) at the Farmhouse Cafe.
To make your reservation for this Day Trip, stop by the Connection Center on Sunday mornings or contact Jane MacFarland.