- This event has passed.
Christmas for the City
December 13, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Each year in December, our congregation comes together for a one-day service project to support a Houston-based mission partner. During Grace’s Christmas for the City, we can live out our faith by giving our time, resources and love to serve others.
This year we are excited to continue our partnership with Kids’ Meals Inc., a Houston based organization that makes and delivers free, healthy lunches directly to the homes of preschool age children who don’t have access to school-based free meal programs. Read more about Kids’ Meals here. Our goal is to pack 10,000 bagged lunches for Kids’ Meals!
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Register to volunteer for packing bags on December 13. Register HERE (INSERT https://rock.gpch.org/page/413?RegistrationInstanceId=326)
- Purchase and decorate brown lunch bags and drop them at the Grace Welcome Center. (No stickers, please, because they fall off during delivery!)
When: Sunday, December 13 at 12:30 p.m.
Where: The blacktop parking lot between the Grace School Gym and the athletic fields (if it rains we will be in the gym)
Who: Anyone 5 years old and older (registration required for everyone)
Childcare: Available for children in PreK and younger, by registration only
COVID info: Masks are required, and we will set up to facilitate social distancing as best we can.
Attire: Comfortable and weather appropriate – We will be working outside unless it rains, and you will be walking around, so wear comfortable shoes!
Parking: Any Grace lot except the blacktop
Grace Schedule for Dec. 13:
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. – Worship
- 10:50-11:50 a.m. – Equipping Hour
- Noon-12:30 p.m. – Lunch – Pick up a boxed lunch (ordered at registration for $10 each) and eat in Massey-Tucker Hall or the courtyard.
- 12:30 p.m. – Gather on the blacktop to start project.