WOMEN OF GRACE TEAMS WITH KENDRA SCOTT
October 27-28, In Person at Kendra Scott in City Centre or VIRTUALLY
During this “Gives Back” event, 20 percent of sales during the evening benefits Women of Grace missions. The online giveback code is GIVEBACK-06YC, which will be live all day October 27-28. Click HERE to visit the webpage. If you prefer to shop in person at the City Centre location, simply mention the event at checkout.
SUPPORT HEARTS BEADING FOR KENYA AT MDUMC HEARTS & HANDS MARKET
Hearts Beading for Kenya (HB4K) is excited about their newest venture! For the second year, we are participating in Hearts & Hands: A Holiday Market at our neighboring church, Memorial Drive United Methodist Church. We invite you to peruse our virtual store featuring African-inspired jewelry and other items for sale. The Hearts & Hands event is open now through Nov. 2. Simply click HERE and enter through the market’s virtual door. The HB4K Shop is listed under the categories: Jewelry, Accessories, and Home Décor.
Many of the items are hand-crafted by the Kenyan men and women, as well as our own members of our church. ALL of the proceeds generated by HB4K sales directly impact the Samburu tribe in north central Kenya. Currently, our goal is focused on providing a clean water well for people living in the bush.
FRIENDS OF WESTCHASE SERVE OPPORTUNITIES
- Bless a Teacher – This year, we are launching a program through Friends of Westchase to support local teachers as they navigate the extra-stressful school year! As a volunteer, you will be matched with a teacher at a school in Westchase and will learn his/her interests, needs, etc. Throughout the year you can support this teacher by praying for them and being a friend and support system (think bringing a cup of coffee or even help grading papers!). A brief training will be provided. Contact Nancy Bailey to help Bless a Teacher.
- Volunteers Needed for Food Distribution – On November 21, we will host a food distribution at Revere Middle School. Click HERE to volunteer!
- Ways to Support Paul Revere – Many Revere Middle School students have returned to campus and were welcomed back by the staff and teachers who worked tirelessly to get the school safe and ready. While things look very different this year, one thing remains the same: your love and support for the students (and staff!) make a HUGE difference in morale and performance. Below are some of the ways that you can directly support Revere this year. Please contact Nancy@gpch.org if you are interested or have any questions.
- One-on-one mentoring with a student via Zoom or a scheduled meeting in the office. (Virtual and/or in person)
- Monitoring a classroom while the students eat lunch so the teacher can have a lunch break (in person)
- Volunteering after-school (in person)
- Volunteering to “Bless a Teacher” – you will be matched with a teacher to offer prayer, friendship and support (virtual)
- Donate bottled water, coffee pods, gift cards of $10 to local restaurants – for support and incentives at Revere (virtual, you can drop at the Grace Welcome Center to Nancy Bailey’s attention).
*All in-person activities will require a mask, temperature check and will follow social distancing guidelines. Training will be provided for all interactive volunteer activities.
CLOTHED BY FAITH
Last year Grace began to partner with Clothed by Faith. We placed a clothing donation bin on our campus to support their efforts. Due to Covid-19, we want to encourage you to foster this partnership by making donations directly at their warehouse: 802 Dominion Drive, Suites 100-300, Katy, 77450. They need gently used clothing and shoes as well as new socks and undergarments. Please check their website (www.clothedbyfaith.org) for their latest needs and to review important guidelines regarding the suitability of garments to be donated.