Welcome to Grace Presbyterian Church: Adult Sunday School!
Due to COVID Sunday classes will not meet in-person through-out the summer, but many offer a Zoom option.
Sunday morning classes at Grace are a place to learn, grow and connect. Loving God with our minds and our hearts as we study God’s Word will inspire and encourage us to make Jesus visible in our daily lives.
One of the ways we can connect together is through the new opportunity on Sunday called Conversations. Conversations will follow the sermon series by asking three questions. These questions reflect on how our lives and the Word of God come together or how they could come together when we put thought and determination in our actions. There are no deep theological questions, but there may be a few deep interpersonal reflections. These Conversations will last approximately 30-45 minutes.
Having trouble joining by zoom – – here are a few instructions to help you get started:
- Put it on your calendar. Include important information required to join the meeting, such as the meeting number/URL and password.
- Decide what Devices to Use
The device you use to join a Zoom call has a major impact on the quality of your experience.
1) Laptop or desktop with a built-in mic and camera or adding a webcam to these devices if they don’t have a camera and mic.
2) A tablet (iPad) and download the Zoom app
4) A smartphone with the Zoom app downloaded
5) Join through dialing a phone number this is audio-only (not the best option)
- Give Zoom a try. Use a Zoom Test Meeting to practice connecting audio and video.
- Watch a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhAEoCF7jg&feature=youtu.be
- Get comfortable. Find a place with good internet or cellular service and little background noise.
- Eliminate distractions. Make it less likely that anything will interrupt your meeting.
- Close any unnecessary programs on the device you will be using to join the meeting.
- Turn off or silence other devices.
- Be on time – if possible join the meeting 5 minutes early
- Tip: Connect video. This gives the meeting a more personal feel.
- Speak up. When it’s your turn, unmute your audio and speak clearly. There can be a slight delay in audio/video.
The following are Sunday morning classes that are not meeting in person at this time – check back when we regather to see updates.
This is Sunday School class for parents of young children seeking to impart practical, relevant, and Biblical wisdom as they support each other on the journey of parenting and strive to build a strong foundation in their homes. As Matthew 7:25 states, “The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.” This class will offer a balanced curriculum, rotating between studies of God’s word and studies more focused on marriage, family, and parenting issues.
Discipulado – Grace en Espanol
This Spanish language Bible study is open to all ages and fosters a family friendly community.
Farm to Table (Ponder)
MTH 104 (McKechnie Dining Room)
Empty Nesters 50’s – 60’s. This is a small group of men and women studying different passages each week. We are centered around fellowship and bible study.
SB 108 (Handbell Room)
Come at 10:05 a.m. for Bible study, prayer and community-building before heading to chancel choir warm-up at 10:45 a.m.
Molly Ann Smith Building
Find connection in a large class that enjoys lively discussion, caring community and fun monthly gatherings.
Grace School Library
Welcoming all ages and stages to share God’s Word in a smaller group setting around the table.
EB 117 (Multi Purpose Room)
Engaging teaching in a large class, most are age 50 or better. Active prayer and care for one another throughout the week.