Confirmation at grace
All students in eighth grade or above are invited to join Grace Student Ministries in our annual Confirmation class. Over the course of 14 weeks, students will learn about the basics of the Christian faith, what it means to be a follower of Jesus, and the importance of being a covenant partner of Grace Presbyterian Church. Each Sunday after the Student Equipping hour, confirmands will enjoy lunch together from 12:30-1:15, and then have a weekly teaching from 1:15-3 p.m. The class ends on Confirmation Sunday (May 21), when students officially proclaim their faith and become members of the church, if they so choose.
Registration for 2023 closed on Sunday January 8, 2023.
- 8th grader or above
- Find a mentor and meet with them every other week
- Mentors MUST be an elder/deacon now or in the past and NOT current Student Ministries volunteers
- Read a book of the Bible with your mentor throughout the semester
- Interview a member at Grace about their faith story
- Participate in our Confirmation Retreat (April 1)
- Write a Statement of Faith and share it with the elders in session (April 26)
- Participate in the Confirmation Sunday Service (May 21)
- Read one of the Gospels on your own (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)
- Memorize the Apostles’ Creed and Lord’s Prayer
- Be an active participant at Grace and Student Ministries
- Come to every Confirmation class (you must speak with us if there are extenuating circumstances)
- Course lasts from Jan. 15 – May 14, 2023
- Meet in MT 207 from 12:30-2 p.m. on Sundays
- Lunch from 12:30-1:15 p.m.
- Lesson and Discussion from 1:15-3 p.m.
- Confirmation Retreat: Saturday, April 1, 2023
- Sharing of students’ Statements of Faith: Wednesday, April 26, 2023
- Confirmation Sunday: Sunday, May 21, 2023
What We Are Learning:
- Week 1 (Jan. 15): What it means to be a Covenant Partner
- Week 2 (Jan. 22): The Gospel, Sin, and Salvation
- Week 3 (Feb. 5): Baptism and Communion
- Week 4 (Feb. 12): Trinity
- Week 5 (Feb. 19): Apostles’ Creed and Lord’s Prayer
- Week 6 (Mar. 5): Spiritual Disciplines
- Week 7 (Mar. 12): Living for Jesus
- Week 8 (Mar. 19): Spiritual Warfare, Heaven/Hell
- Week 9 (Mar. 26): Theodicy
- Retreat Day (April 1): Bible 101, Worship, Stewardship, and other religions
- Week 10 (Apr. 2): Relationships
- Week 11 (Apr. 16): Discipleship
- Week 12 (Apr. 30): Women in Ministry
- Week 13 (May 7): Identity
- Week 14 (May 14): Covenant Partner with ECO and Discussion
For more information, contact: Liz Moran or Daniel Baudin.